iTouch internet sharing

Reaction score
This may seem like a silly question but it has been bugging me for a while. I have both an iTouch and an iMac. I use a Ethernet connection for my iMac to connect to the internet. Is there a way that I could use the internet that I get off of my Mac on my iTouch? I'd like to be able to access my iMac's internet wirelessly when I am in range of my desktop but not at it. Any information would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You would need to use a wireless router connection to both your iMac and Touch. I don't know what kind of setup you currently have at home since you mentioned that your iMac was hooked up via ethernet, but a wireless router would simplify things. You could even set in strong encryption for both the iMac and the Touch.

Regards.

Reaction score
System Preferences -> Sharing -> Internet Sharing

I do this when I'm in hotels to share with the rest of the family/friends. Works great.

OP
E
Reaction score
ah I got it. System Pref -> sharing was the one I was looking for. Thanks a lot all!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.