e-mailing photos using IPhoto

S

Swerb

New mac user, just now starting to experiment with iPhoto. I'm looking for an easier way to email photos.

My mac.com email account expired (I think, its asking me for a password now when I try and send emails, my password for my mac as a whole not working) ... and when I click "email photo" it automatically brings up that expired mac email account.

So what I've been doing is using my msn email, and browsing for and then attaching the photos from there. But its a pain, because I can only attach one picture at a time.

Any advice? Much thanks in advance ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can go to iPhoto preferences and select what program you use for your email

OP
K

Kokopelli

Swerb said:
New mac user, just now starting to experiment with iPhoto. I'm looking for an easier way to email photos.

My mac.com email account expired (I think, its asking me for a password now when I try and send emails, my password for my mac as a whole not working) ... and when I click "email photo" it automatically brings up that expired mac email account.

So what I've been doing is using my msn email, and browsing for and then attaching the photos from there. But its a pain, because I can only attach one picture at a time.

Any advice? Much thanks in advance ...

Are you using Apple's Mail for MSN? If yes, try this. open Mail, then go to preferences. Under the Composing tab change the value for "send mail from" to your MSN account.

Alternatively removing the .Mac account might work, I am not sure.

EDIT; If you are using Entourage or other mail program go into preferences in iPhoto and change the mail program on the first tab as suggested above.

OP
S

Swerb

trpnmonkey41 said:
You can go to iPhoto preferences and select what program you use for your email

When I do that, the only option available for me to select when I click on the "Mail using" dropdown is "mail". America Online, Eudora, and Microsoft Entourage are the other options, but are all grayed out and unavailable for selection.

OP
S

Swerb

What I have been doing is saving the pics to my hard drive, going to MSN mail, and adding them as attachments ... which is much more inconvenient.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.