• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Rupert Murdoch Praises The Apple iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24in 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo OSX 10.5.8 iMac iPhone 3GS 16GB Apple TV
well there ya go, finally something i would actually use an iPad for—digital newspaper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I actually love that I can view digital copies of magazines on the iPad. It will make traveling much easier as I can simply fire up my iPad, buy a copy of a magazine at the same price as it is on the newsstand or cheaper and start reading. No worrying about storage or adding weight to my carry on (I usually buy 2-3 magazines for cross country flights).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
It definitely won't hurt Apple to have someone as powerful as Rupert Murdoch endorsing your product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well that has given it the kiss of death Down Under after his Melbourne Storm comments!

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
The Melbourne Storm are in so much do-do not that even his comments could not make things worse for them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.