emac cd drive doesnt work!

B

BzNz

"The computer doesn't seem to see the cd drive. I'm
not too sure whats wrong with it."

I havnt got the computer in front of me as im buying it from someone miles away from me, but does anyone know why this would happen or what could be wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would really need some more info on this one. Since you don't have the computer, and have no way of testing it...I would pass on it if I were you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I have an eMac and I had that kind of problem with a Sony CD-RW.... But no problem at all with other CD...really don't know why!!!!!

OP
B

BzNz

the emac just doesnt recognise it at all, if i press the open button on the keyboard it doesnt open, but if i open it manually by pressing the button inside it does, but it doesnt recognise any cd's or dvd's as the computer doesnt see any hardware installed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I'm not a technician but at first, I suggest that you put a cd that is not a CD-R or a CD-RW c'ause the problem could be the way it was written. IF that does'nt work i'll completly re-install the OS on your computer... if it don't change anything, maybe your drive is simply out of order!?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.