Photos from PC to Mac - am I missing something?

Reaction score
This will make me sound like the moron I feel like.

I have photos saved on my PC - have burned to disk and saved to Mac. Can open and manipulate in CS5 but cant save. It asks me to go into finder and then get info - I then unlock the file at the bottom of that window and even use the password, but not able to save.

What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
You probably burned your files with a 'read only' lock on them. On the PC you'll be able to correct that in future in the 'properties' menu of the file manager.

There's a way to unlock them (which escapes me right now..) but IIRC the simplest way around the problem is to 'save as...' to your mac drive using a slightly different filename, or click 'new folder' in the save dialog and use the same filename.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If u need to make a file 'Read and Write' - Select it and then File > Get Info and change the Permissions. You will need the Admin Password to unlock per pic;

Click for full size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24in 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo OSX 10.5.8 iMac iPhone 3GS 16GB Apple TV
your disc is a read only, you can't "Save" over files that are 'set in stone' on the disc. just make a folder on the desktop and Save As to that. if you have a lot of photos use 'Actions' in photoshop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.