Excel for Mac

Reaction score
OK, learning curve is really steep right now, my macbook is a week old and I am discovering not everything is working like I'd hoped. I've installed Office for Mac. I have a very important file in excel that runs three macros that my brother built in visual basic, when I opened it on my new computer it said visual basic macros do not work in excel for mac. The question is, can I convert the macros to something that works on this machine?:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
If you have Office 2008, then that message is spot on, I'm afraid. VBA works in Office 2004, and will again when Office 2011 comes out this fall. I'm not sure if there is anything else you can do about it, other than use a version with VBA. Hope I'm wrong....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're dead on, unfortunately. No VBA support for Office 2008, in other words macros will not run. I use Word 2008 quite a bit in my work and I really miss the ability to use macros. Waiting on Office 2011..... :[

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.