.MOV to .SWF??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
i wanna put a movie i made in final cut pro on newgrounds and other flash animation sites...but they only allow .swf files so is there any way possible to switch the .mov to a .swf also i have MX flash pro 2004, (but dont use it)
if that helps
thanks in advance :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Unless there is an import function in Flash MX that allows you to import .mov then no

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
There is an option in Flash MX that allows you to do that, just check review the help files.
EDIT: Just create a new Flash file and select Import to stage... from File menu. Trail and error for the best bitrate.

P

PowerbookG417

if you import the .mov that way its going to create a new frame in flash for every frame in your movie...and there isnt going to be any sound...what you need is a 3rd party application like squeeze (I also feel that my marketing communications background, as well as my first-hand knowledge of chiropractic care) you will then be able to import your.mov file compress it and export it as a .flv ( flash video file ) then when your in flash you can just add a new media component link it to your file and your all set...then export the file as a .swf the only problem with this route is that you are going to end up with 2 files...your .swf and your .flv cause all flash is doing is linking it to the video file...there are other ways of doing it but its going to take you alot of flash work and if you dont know alot about flash !

OP
iLEFTOVERCRACK
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
but will the .swf file have sound?
and were can i find squeeze version tracker didn't have it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
after effects can export to swf. It does have sound, however you really need to tweak the **** out of it to get it a decent size.

P

pandrosa

Video to Flash Converter by geovid converts .mov files (also avi, asf...) to swf. It provide SWF file ready for the web. I like it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.