Anxious

Reaction score
Getting ready to get my first mac, saving up for it now and I only have 1100 saved at the moment. I'm SOOOOOOOOO tempted to say screw it and get the second model of 12inch ibook :p I'm trying to get either the 12inch Combo PB or the 12inch Super PB. I still can't decide, the combo is 1399 and the super is 1499. I can get an external cheap for under 60, got spare enclosures for firewire I could use.

This is like Christmas, I keep running a list of things I could sell through my head to make up the last bit of money lol. Four more weeks (how long till I'll have the last bit I need from paychecks) seems sooo far away.

:p

Sorry for the pointless post I'm just really excited and bored at work :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I got lucky, my 17" Powerbook was a gift. A friend of mine saw it, got mac lust, and is now determined to get one too. He's currently saving up for his own, and I think in a month or so he will either get the 15" or 17".

good luck saving money for the powerbook, once you go mac, you never go back!

B

BrianH

I know the exact feeling. I first wanted an ibook and just add ram and a bigger hard drive for around $1100 with my edu discount. But after seeing a powerbook in action over an ibook i knew i wanted a powerbook because i use my computer for atleast 2 hours everyday. The powerbook is really too much computer for me, but i spoiled myself and got a 12 inch powerbook with the super drive and havent regretted it. 12 inch PB superdrive all the way. it amazes me how everything 'just works' instead of my past xp machines that where a headache. /rave over

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
rs2sensen said:
I got lucky, my 17" Powerbook was a gift. A friend of
***?!
from who?!
who in the right mind would just give a 17' Powerbook to someone!?

Reaction score
BrianH said:
Oh yeah, dont forget tax, thats a big kicker, and another $100.

that's why you should always order from a place like macmall.com or macconnection.com that don't charge tax (for me @least). it's so much cheaper than ordering it straight from apple, saved me over a $100.

S

speedydave

iLEFTOVERCRACK said:
***?!
from who?!

A parent, spouse, etc...

If I combined all of the graduation money I got from my dad and grandparents, I could have essentially bought my new PB right there. But, I decided to spend it on some other stuff, so I'm still stuck buying my PB myself (just a couple more weeks...).

B

BrianH

rmhop81 said:
that's why you should always order from a place like macmall.com or macconnection.com that don't charge tax (for me @least). it's so much cheaper than ordering it straight from apple, saved me over a $100.

Yeah but then you dont get the education discount eh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
iLEFTOVERCRACK said:
***?!
from who?!

from grandparents in exchange for a website. They had been thinking about getting me a laptop for a while, just because they wanted me to have a home computer separate from my dad. They were planning on getting a PC laptop, when I said, no, no, no, get a mac! I also got a nice case, .Mac, and an extra 512mb ram chip.

now, I wonder what I'll get from them for graduation....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
rs2sensen said:
from grandparents in exchange for a website. They had been thinking about getting me a laptop for a while, just because they wanted me to have a home computer separate from my dad. They were planning on getting a PC laptop, when I said, no, no, no, get a mac! I also got a nice case, .Mac, and an extra 512mb ram chip.

now, I wonder what I'll get from them for graduation....

Can I borrow your grandparents?

OP
Dominion
Reaction score
Lol, I want those grandparents too. I keep trying to rationalize an ibook but I know I won't be able to do as much as I could with the pb :p

I hear the ibook can play WoW (which will be the most intensive app I'll be using) but I still think I should get the pb :p

BUT, if I got the i, I could get it today :p

This sucks lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
It depends on what you want to do with it. I had a iBook for a long time and loved it. Put in a 1GB ram upgrade and your set. It will be a nice machine. Or you can get one off ebay. I've seen several 12" Powerbooks sell for great prices. Most even have full apple care with them.

OP
Dominion
Reaction score
Yea I'm thinking about going to the only place in my area that sells em to check some out for my lunch break, CompUSA. I might buy one if I get the inclination, but the downside is I think they only use panther machines :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
They should have Tiger stock in by now.

It usually takes 3-4 weeks for old stock machines to be sold off, but by now they should all come preinstalled with tiger.

OP
Dominion
Reaction score
Ah maybe they just haven't changed their signs yet. I guess I'm headed down there on my lunch break today. I might break and get the ibook from apple though, I'm so easy to break :p

I just want a new laptop and a mac so bad :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.