Cs5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Not yet, but planning on doing so very soon. Guess We can use this thread to show off our skilzorzs? (not that I have any, just sayin... )

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
I downloaded the Design Premium CS5 trial and had a play around in Ps.

I am delighted that it is now fully 64-bit on the Mac - finally. The content aware fill looks pretty sweet, I saw a few photos and it looks great considering how quick it is. The lens distortion removal filter is excellent too for those wide angled shots.

That's about as far as I got. The new 3D icons are cool as are the revamped splash screens. At heart though, it's still good ol' Photoshop. :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp
The CS5 master collection is more than twice the size of the CS4 master collection.

what a bargain!

Reaction score
I had also not yet try using cs5 , but yes I am using cs4 and eagerly waiting to use it. It has many unique features that has really make me to use it. I had just downloaded it before few days and I have to just installed it in my laptop. I think it will be also interesting to use as cs4.

Reaction score
I already have the full CS5 Suite upgraded and used it for about a week now.

Love Photoshop CS5, fantastic upgrade. Only issue is Camera Raw 6 doesn't support my new Canon T2i, so I have to convert the RAW .CR2 files in Adobe Lightroom 3 first, and THEN load them in PSCS5. :Angry-Tongue:

It's odd that Adobe Camera Raw 5.7 that came out weeks back supports T2i, yet "6.0" does not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I've got to say... I'm really impressed with what the 'content aware' tool can do, and I've only just started playing around with it. I haven't even really gotten familiar with all of its features. Here's a couple of examples which took me about 2 minutes (each) to do, or less. If used properly, this tool can be a great asset, and time saver:

From this: (and yes, I'm aware of the yellow tint. I need to do change the WB. These are unprocessed other than the content aware tool stuff and having been resized in Preview, of all things.)

editandmitzy.jpg

To this:

editandmitzyaware.jpg

And from this:

hobbithouseoriginal.jpg

To this:

hobbithouseaware.jpg

Reaction score
I couldn't decide whether it was worth the cost to upgrade from CS3 but now I've seen what content aware can do I'll be upgrading tomorrow..!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you haven't seen any of the tutorials on Adobe's site, I suggest you check them out. Plus, I'm not an experienced PS user, so if you have experience, you'll be able to get better results, I'm sure. The big point about this new tool is that it saves a ton of time. I'm sure you can get the same or close to the same results without the content aware function, but it would take a LOT longer to manage it.

I'll find another photo later and do some stuff and post the video screen cap. I only used the clone/stamp tool to do those, but I've seen others using the lasso tool, and I don't know how to set that up. The lasso tool would be a lot more efficient under certain circumstances. Like, for cloning people or larger objects out.

Doug

Reaction score
i have CS5, upgraded from cs4, has a few new features which are good and make the job easier however is still quite similar. probable not worth upgrading if your just using it for fun and in your spair time. if you check out the photoshop facebook group there are alot of good information and tutorials on how to do alot of useful stuff. check that out and you will get a feel for CS5 new features

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Content aware healing will be nice. I have to play with it some more but one photo had some very unfavorable conditions and the CA healing brush was having a really hard time with it.

The worst part is that 32 bit plugins won't work with the 64 bit version. Imagenomic's Noiseware (which is the best noise reduction program I've tried) won't work with the 64 bit version and their forums said there was no predicted date for when there would be a 64 bit version. I'm going to have to figure something out when it comes time to buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" Mid-2015.
I ordered PS CS5 Extended yesterday with my mothers teachers discount. I got a email from Apple today with tracking to be delivered tommorow. Im pretty excited. I have not had a new PS app in like 6 years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I had a close look at the 2 photos you posted here and in the 2nd one I can still see some marks where the brown post thing was. Sure you have to look really hard to find them but they are there. I think with a little post edit after the contend aware remove of the post, you'd never know it was even there. But as good as the content aware feature is, I'm not convinced that on it's own will do the job. But you can fix up the little it leaves behind really easily though.

On 2nd inspection it's hard to tell in what is left behind if it's the post or the shadow of the post. Still I see something there. Anyways all in all I have to play aeound with the content aware feature so I know how to use it. It looks like a nice nifty feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
My goodness. I actually have not had any kind of crash or error with CS5 Master Suite. My CS4 edition was so unreliable but I'm not constantly worrying that my 3 hour render cue will crash at 97% now!

Also downloaded this icon set because I'm not that impressed with the new ones. Very pretty!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had a close look at the 2 photos you posted here and in the 2nd one I can still see some marks where the brown post thing was. Sure you have to look really hard to find them but they are there. I think with a little post edit after the contend aware remove of the post, you'd never know it was even there. But as good as the content aware feature is, I'm not convinced that on it's own will do the job. But you can fix up the little it leaves behind really easily though.

On 2nd inspection it's hard to tell in what is left behind if it's the post or the shadow of the post. Still I see something there. Anyways all in all I have to play aeound with the content aware feature so I know how to use it. It looks like a nice nifty feature.

it's all my fault, actually.. I could have TOTALLY removed any remnants from that area, but for some reason was too lazy. I was exhausted and maybe should have waited until I had some sleep. also, I was using the spot healing tool and not the lasso tool which is a big deal if there are more concurrent shape changes along the path of the object being healed.

What was left is the shadow area spots. I did what I did in a matter of less than 2 minutes, easily.. Also, what should be noted is that the base of the item that I took out was pretty difficult to do because of the wood tones on the desk. It handled that really well as I went over areas more than a couple of times. Had I done that with the wall... it would be the same.

I can easily get rid of that stuff on the wall with no problems.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" Mid-2015.
I have to say that CS5 is pretty taxing on my old MBP. Mostly in the 3D shapes like gradient spheres, cubes, etc. I might have to upgrade to a high end imac in the near future or a newer MBP.

Reaction score
Been using it for weeks....... very happy with it Adobe hit it out of ballpark with this upgrade! IMO.
Support stinks but CS5 is incredible

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I just got it like 2 days ago before school finally ended. I got to say though that I'm quite impressed with what Photoshop can do now. I wasn't even aware of the stuff that this version of Photoshop was capable of doing. I can't even image what the next versions of Photoshop will be able to do...probably one click masking and pretty much make my job obsolete? >_<"

One of my friends did a demo on the content aware feature and I was totally shocked. If I had photoshop CS5 at the beginning of the school year I would have saved so much time and grief for the classes I was taking this semester. I had to do so much masking and painting for Key art posters this semester it wasn't even funny.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.