GarageBand Mastering Headache

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
A while back I asked about mastering. I was directed to Audacity and to uncheck the "Auto Normalize" function. I thought it had worked, but now I feel like I'm back at square one. This song I'm working on (short clip at bottom) is just not loud enough despite my best efforts with Audacity.

The only thing that's made a difference that I can hear is if I turn up the master volume within GB and export it as such. However, when I do get it loud enough for my tastes, it clips as a result. Could anyone mess with it and tell me how to pump it up? It would be greatly appreciated and let me finish this thing.

Short clip: http://makeoutmusic.knoxware.org/gossipculture/mp3/what.mp3

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
After messing around with all kinds of compressors, I find adjusting iTunes' EQ to 6dB makes it sound somewhat pro next to the rest of my music library. However, this is only when in iTunes. Cog or Quicktime, for example, play it as quietly as before. I can export it as an .MP4 with these new EQ settings, but, again, Cog and Quicktime don't notice the EQ adjustment.

Reaction score
have you tried to boost all of your tracks all the way up, let it "auto normalize"... see if it gives you any better results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.