Webcam?

T

tytanic11

I've got a USB webcam (one of the newer Logitech ones - i'm not sure of the exact model number), and I've got it working on my new PowerBook with the Logitech drivers, but it seems no IM programs support it. I've been using Adium ever since I 'switched', and have yet to find a MSN, AIM, or Yahoo client - official or otherwise - that supports webcam capability. Do they exist? I'd think there would be enough demand that someone would have worked on that feature.
-Tyler

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
benjamindaines said:
I use ichatusbcam with a new logitech webcam in panther and it works awsome (and it saved me a bundle compared to the iSight). Highly recomended. Good advice! I still haven't found a way to do video conference in yahoo or MSN, but most of the people I chat with use AIM so its no big deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
thanks for the link! I was about ready to buy an iSight too, but I think I'll hold off and use my current usb cam for awhile!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.