Passport Photo

G30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 160GB HD 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Snow Leopard OSX 20" FS Moniter
Forgive me if there is a place to find this info, I searched and could not find a thread on it.
I'm a newbie to mac but computer literate. I have a picture in I-Photo that I wish to print as a passport photo. when I go to print it my options are 2x3 (the smallest) and I need it to be 2X2. Is there anyway to make this happen other than burning on a disc and taking it to a photo place to print? Can I use one of those photo machines in walmart and put the cd in and print a 2x2 pic.??????Thanks for any help, JM

Reaction score
Passport photos have to be a very specific size and specific background. I would recommend that you spend the ten dollars or so and get them done at a local Walgreens or CVS. I have seen many requests rejected because of bad photos.

I highly recommend you read this, especially the last paragraph...

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/faq/faq_881.html

OP
G

G30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 160GB HD 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Snow Leopard OSX 20" FS Moniter
Thank you deflake, I have done the research and am aware of the specfics and background. The photo I have matches all of the requirements. I am just not able to set up Iphoto to print 2x2 photo, that was the request on the thread....Am I able to do this was the OP, and how to set up to print the 2x2........If It is not able to be done on Iphoto I will go to somewhere and have it done. The photo I have meets the requirements, I just cant figure out how to print the correct size and that is what I was asking.......

Reaction score
You will need to print the photo out so that your face is 2 x 2. This means that the photo can be blown up or reduced to make that happen. Simply print it out and cut it to 2 x 2. Your home printer won't be a good enough quality to get a passport. I have seen them rejected because of this which is why I recommended what I did. I have done this a few times.

Reaction score
Also, you will need something to crop and resize the photo. I use Gimp to do this as it is free, but you could use Photoshop. IPhoto doesn't really let you manipulate the file all that well.

OP
G

G30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for all the info, I do appreciate my friend......It is not for a US Passport but a passport photo is required, the feds and state know me but my picture on my permit does not look like me know, I'm gettin old......G30

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.