yet another itunes artwork mystery

Reaction score
I hate it when things happen that have no explicable reason..
I have recently moved my itunes library from one external to another (successfully) and hooked it up to a second computer. I copied over the iTunes folder and put it in place and it all works perfectly...
except..
I have the play mode on shuffle/random and it goes from tune to tune happily but it won't change the artwork unless I physically click on the new tune in the library.
Further, it will now allow me to preview artwork by simply single-clicking on a tune - not changing the tune but just selecting it - WHILE the current tune is still playing and that didn't used to be an option before.
And, still further, I use the "You control itunes" app and, whenever it switches tracks (along with iTunes) it DOES change artwork.
So I listen to track A until it finished, itunes then switches at random to track B. Youcontrol also switches and displays the name and art for track B for a few seconds (as it's supposed to do) and then, when the Youcontrol image fades, the itunes artwork displayed is still track A art. I have to actually click on the track in the library to get it to change the artwork but the same process will be repeated at the end of track B.
any ideas anyone...?

PS I've tried a restart of the itunes program and also a reboot of the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Click on the grey arrow at the top left of the artwork preview area to toggle between "selected item" and "now playing".

OP
M
Reaction score
Click on the grey arrow at the top left of the artwork preview area to toggle between "selected item" and "now playing".

It's so easy when ya know how, isn't it?
Thanks for the help although strangely enough, I don't actually have such a grey arrow - I just clicked on the bar at the top of the artwork box.
ah well, all's well that ends well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.