lve a problem with...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 13"
hi there...l asked people around but l couldnt find any solution and now lm writing here finally...
lm using google public dns near mine.. as 2nd and 3rd..and using firefox as explorer even tried google chrome..but nothing solved my problem..first of all my explorer doesnt load youtube..it waits and waits..and says timeout at the end.. second thing is the google images..l need them a lot..but when l make a search in google images, it doesnt load..when l click one by one it is ok..instead of these two things, youtube videos on facebook or youtube itself, and google images page, it loads everything..l cant understand...whats the matter..when l use a free proxy server from the web it loads..so is the problem with the proxy? cant l do anything easier instead of choosing a proy server from the web page lists everytime? my other friends using mac doesnt have a problem like this..

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved thread to more appropriate forum.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post is a bit confusing. Are you behind a corporate firewall so that you must access the web through a proxy server? If that's the case, it may be just a matter of setting up proxy access. Please clarify.

Regards.

OP
armoni
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 13"
actually its not the message which is confusing :( it is the situation.. l have no firewall..even from the free proxy sites now youtube doesnt show the video windows..just a black window without buttons..normally the explorer says "it takes too long to respond" and it doesnt load..thats why l thought it was a proxy problem.. there is smth that l cant solve..please somebody help :S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Please state the thing you have a problem with in the title in the future.

:Bites tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
There is something confusing about what you've posted, and how you've described it. I have a feeling the issue itself isn't confusing.

Questions I have:

1) How are you connected to the internet? Is it thru a company or school LAN? Are you connected via DSL or Cable? If you are connected via DSL or cable, is the modem directly connected to your computer or connected thru a router, and if thru a router, what kind of router?

2) Assuming you're using a router of some sort, are you connected via cable or wifi?

3) Are you able to surf to ANY pages, or are you beachballing on any page you attempt to get to?

4) Have you tested your connection with another computer to make sure it's the Mac causing the problems and not something else?

5) Was the computer working on the internet then suddenly stop working properly or is this a new install? if a new install, are you sure you migrated your settings correctly from the old computer?

6) Have you done any other troubleshooting other then just trying multiple web browsers? If yes, then what?

OP
armoni
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 13"
hi there, thank you really much for giving time for my message. but firstly to the friend has asked about the title, l didnt know whats the problem about so l made it lve a problem with -bla bla-
then, passing to the questions..lm sorry if l am talking confusing..because l dont know as much as you about these things..
first of all, l was using leopard before and there was no problem, l was using my normal dns some other dns extra and was connecting to youtube..l am using a modem with router all together in one and connecting via wifi and its my home connection - company - adsl. l had no problem with youtube..but google images werent loading after adding different dns. l didnt mind just images at first..
then l upgraded to snow leopard with formatting totally..after a while it had some problems and l added google public dns as 2nd and 3rd ones (my friends use like that on pc or mac and have no problem with it) but it after a very little while it started not to load youtube...and l deleted proxy settings not to use any because of people' s suggestions. but didnt change..l used free proxy from web to try and this time youtube opened but l couldnt see the videos..whatever l do l cant see now..there is no firewall..and l didnt do anything much..because l dont know much solution..l was using the same modem and computer before too..but it wasnt making these strange not loading things..if after snow leopard l had made some missings, then why all other things and sites work..google images are loading some at least now but still not all. and yes there is another computer too at home we try connection. and the last question reply is, what tries are you talking about other than browser problems? well as l told l just tried these proxy things..
thank you for all your replies and time, regards

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It appears you're having difficulty with just some sites loading images not all. As far as switching DNS servers is concerned, normally that will impact all web browsing. The Google public DNS and Open DNS are free public servers that generally provide faster service than those of an ISP.

What is confusing here is that you say you're at home but using a company ADSL connection? How are you doing that?

Also, when using a proxy server, you have to have the correct settings before it will allow you to have access.

Regards.

OP
armoni
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 13"
lmm l guess l got wrong what the company adsl is..lets say lm using adsl..sorry my main language is not english :) l meant the adsl company that provides internet ;) well everybody told me not to use a proxy..l dont use but just went on free proxy sites to log in to the site because at least they were showing before..l guess l wont find the reason again may be l should ask to the service and tell you what happened too :) its really weird..l thought some settings were missing may be after upgrading the operating system..but really strange just two sites have a loading problem, thank you

Reaction score
What ever the issue is ...you will have to upgrade to the latest version of Flash for the browser your trying to use.

OP
armoni
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 13"
thanks but unfortunately its nothing to do with flash player..it doesnt even load the site

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.