• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What Kind of Desk Lamp do you use? Thinking of investing in an Anglepoise Lamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Just wondering what desk lamps you all are using, as im considering investing in an Original Anglepoise desk lamp seeing as I spend most of my time at a desk, may as well get a good sized, and fully adjustable lamp that suits my needs.

Post up photos too if you can, as Im open to alternative suggestions.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
I use an all brass lamp (including shade) from a caboose circa 1905.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
I suggest staying away from a halogen lamp because while they are energy efficient, they are also too bright and bad for your eyes. They also get very warm, and the oil from your fingers can ruin the bulb. I suggest a lower voltage standard bulb.

OP
Mickyfin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Cheers guys, still favoring an anglepoise at this stage.

Reaction score
birth tenders

That looks like a nifty product ruby09, will look this up because I have a similar problem with my partner & cannot use the laptop late at night, even although her snoring keeps me awake !

Mark :[

OP
Mickyfin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Thanks guys, I have found out that new Anglepoise lamps are around £200, however, I wish to stick with an Antique, and have found a supplier who refurbishes them. Here is an example of what they do. This is a 1930 lamp professionally restored, and costs £208 delivered.

4583826222_7da28c3afb_o.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
I guess it will work if style is what you want, but there are better lamps performance-wise that would be a lot cheaper...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.