• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple is worth more then MS . . . supposedly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Microsoft cries foul as S&P 500 lists Apple as new tech frontrunner | News.com.au

A lot of articles I've read claim this is true. Based on the fact Apple have lots more cash in the bank than MS does. The S&P 500 index lists Apple as 2 and MS now as 3. And many including MS of cause crying it's a lie. I dunno if this is true or not. But going by Apple's recent success I would not be surprised if Apple overtook MS for the number 2 spot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I actually came up with the same conclusion myself when I just simply multiplied their stock values by the amount of stocks. I can't believe apple stock has gone up $70 since the ipad was first introduced!!

I think a stock split should be in order so it can bring more people in...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Wow, that is a surprise.

Even if MS counts its strategic shares, they are still only just ahead of Apple, a company with less than 10% market share.

MS might have begun a comeback with Windows 7, but if that doesn't make inroads into the enterprise in big numbers soon, I would be calling for Steve Balmer's head, and be looking seriously at how MS operates.

MS is a company full of smart people, and is capable of doing great things, but from what I have read, their culture of management rivalry holds them back.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I agree. Smart people does not = inspired people. MS have the smarts but not the inspiration like Apple have. No real way to use their (The MS) brains trust to make great products.

[edit] Another article I just saw but didn't want to make a new post..

http://www.mediaverso.com/apple-closes-the-revenue-income-gap-with-microsoft-to-just-1-billion.html
And this little point stood out to me:
On Tuesday, the company warned that margins would fall to 36 percent from 41.7 percent, in part because of iPad.
I have a feeling this little bit of information will have a major part to play. Sure the ipads are just an extra line and more revenue. But "in part because of the ipad" also equals "in part not cause of the ipad". And that part not cause of the ipad really worries me. Is Apple getting less margins on some of their existing product lines now? And if so why?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.