Exporting Safari Favorites

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook & 80g iPod classic
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

With the pre-Tiger version of Safari it was a pain to export your bookmarks in to a different browser....is this problem solved with the new Tiger Safari? I'm thinking of switching back from Firefox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I'm not on tiger yet, but its extremely easy to export bookmarks IMO, just as long as you know where they're kept, or if you use the debug menu. why do you want to switch back?

OP
csuazo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook & 80g iPod classic
Now that I am thinking about it, maybe it wasn't safari that was so difficult to export bookmarks. I know that there is a favorites file I can look for somewhere, can't remember the details of that one though. I think I answered my own question when I did the switch anyway.

As for the switch. Firefox was kind of buggy for me. It "unexpectedly quit" more than a few times, and while running it ate up 50 mb of memory vs. the 25 mb that Safari consumes. I liked the extensions that are available for FF but now with Dasboard, there is no need to have all those extras in my browser. There are definitely some features that I will miss with Firefox, but overall, I feel comfortable switching back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I have had alot of trouble with Firefox on Mac... A few crashes... But mostly just really slow performance... It takes especially long to start up. I thought it was just me. Not really too much of a loss Safari gets the job done well enough.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.