• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Input Needed on Research Project on Connected Living Room

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a part of a UC Berkeley team conducting research in trends in digital media. We're interested in learning more about the devices and software people are using to consume digital content. We have a created a short 3-5 minute survey to better understand you, the user, consume digital media. We would really appreciate it if you would take a moment to fill it out. As an added incentive, we will have a drawing amongst our survey participants. If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to DM me directly. Thanks!

Digital Media Trends Survey

-The UC Berkeley Team (Melody, Vince, and Matt)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Sorry, but the 3rd question is totally unanswerable by anyone that uses multiple devices to view content. I use all of those devices on a weekly basis while only one is used on a daily basis. To complete that question with any honesty you're asking your respondents to sit down with a piece of paper, figure out how much they watch each one of those over some period of time and then figure out an average per day.

Not happening... Not happening by me, and likely not happening by the vast majority of people that watch over 20 hours of video a week and own multiple devices or all of those as I do.

Quite frankly, it was easier to write this than to try to break all that down into minutes per day by a long shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I get a "Survey Not Found" error....

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And # 8 should be in the form of # 6. You're only asking for misinformation or unfinished surveys by insisting the total be 100.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
My 2cents worth:

Simplify question 3 please. It's way to complicated in it's current form. I dunno how many minutes exactly watch TV in a day. I'd have to work it out on a weekly basis and then devide by 7. Because some days I watch some and in others days I watch none. And I'm sure others would have the same issues with this question.

I think question 8 should be written more this:
"Please rank the relative importance of the following features from 1 to 8 in order of importance to you. 1 being the most important to you and 8 being the least important to you".
That way makes sence. But your out of 100% does not give you useful information and makes it hard for us as people doing your serveyto give you a meaningful answer.

Questions 10-11 seem very personal. I think it would better to have these type of questions in brackets like for example:
10. Please select your age from one of the following:
under 14
15-25
26-30
30+
They are just exampel age groups. You can add more in if you want to. Because personally I would be happy to answer a question like this rather then give my age. Just something many people do not feel comfortable with. And many public surverys from where I live have the age question done in groups like I have said above.

Same thing as above for question 11.

Apart from all of that it's a nice survey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.