2wire problems with Airport

Reaction score
Hi,
Long-time reader, first-time poster. I have a MacBook and recently started having problems with Airport. The signal will disappear briefly, it'll say airport is scanning, and if I turn airport off and on again, then it will come back. It happens a few times a day, and is driving me nuts!
I am running 10.5.8 and usually use Safari. I haven't updated to Snow Leopard yet, but I am wondering if that might help. I have AT&T and use a 2wire modem. I use my Mac at coffee shops, etc., and I think the problem is isolated to my home modem, but I am not sure.

I checked and airport is on channel 10. I have no idea how to change it to a different channel, or if that will even help. I don't have any new wireless devices in the house in the past few months; no major changes in my computer (software or anything).

I'm contemplating using Istumblr or some other service. Is that a good idea? I've noticed a few other posts complaining of this problem, but I'm having trouble finding a resolution. I would be eternally grateful for any suggestions!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.