Post switch over problems with my iphone???

Reaction score
Well after much procrastination I finally made the switch and bought myself a quad core 27" iMac and I cam happily say... OMG why didn't I do this years ago???

But...

I now have a problem with iTunes.
I have notices that iTunes works slightly differently on a mac than a Microshaft PC.

I can seem to create my own ringtones anymore?
I could create a ring tone of ANYTHING in my music collection when I was running a XP machine and XP version of iTunes.

Now I am no longer able to create my own ringtones?
Anybody have any thoughts on resolving this?

I spoke to apple care and they told me that it is not possible to create ringtones outside the US which is a farce because I have done it with several of the tracks in my music collection before I made the switch to a Mac.

Please, if you have any input on the subject. . .

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Here is what the iTunes Help advises for creating Ringtones:

Creating ringtones for your iPhone
You can create ringtones (the sound your iPhone makes when someone calls) from many songs available in the iTunes Store. You pay a fee for each custom ringtone.

To create a ringtone:

Choose iTunes > Preferences, click General, and then make sure Ringtones is selected.

Make sure you’re connected to the Internet.

Select the song you want to use, and then choose Store > Create Ringtone.

In the editing window that appears, choose the part of the song you want to use as the ringtone.

You can use up to 30 seconds of the song.

I don't see why that would not work for you unless there is some kind of restriction that the UK iTunes store imposes.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

On an XP set up I could create a ringtone for FREE from any track I chose.

Yes there is a US only restriction on the 'create ringtone' service.

I need to find another way to do this...?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well, you can always "grit your teeth" and install Windows XP using the Boot Camp assistant.... O:)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.