Casio midi keyboard not registering

Reaction score
Hello all,

Recently bought live 8 with the hope of using my Casio wk3700 keyboard.
I purchased a midi-usb interface to hook the keyboard up to my iMac.
In live's preferences I can see that the midi-usb interface can be recognised yet my keyboard does not work through this port at all.

Upon closer inspection of the casio website I discovered that the wk3700 model does not support mac os.
Firstly how can this be so? Isn't this just a standardised and universal connection no matter what operating system?
Secondly does anyone have any idea how I can get my keyboard to work in live?

OP
M
Reaction score
anyone know a way around this?
Really want to get my keyboard working with the software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.5Ghz C2D 4GB 500GB Seagate 7200RPM / 15" Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB 160GB Seagate 5400rpm
One thing to remember about using the keyboard as a midi device as opposed to simply using the audio outs is that there is no audio information being sent via midi. It is just transmitting midi notes that must be assigned an "instrument" which it plays within the audio program.

I am not overly familiar with live, but in most sequencer programs you have to create a midi track and assign it an instrument (piano, bass, organ, etc...).

As a global midi device I can't see why you wouldn't be able to use it, and I think that the OS requirements you were looking at were more geared toward the software for the keyboard itself not as an interface limitation.

Hope this helps.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah I've tried assigning almost every midi sample note I've got - still it's a no deal
Thanks for trying to help anyway

I'll continue to fiddle with the settings to see what i can come up with

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.