Iphone will it charge with Ipad Charger?

Reaction score
Hey all I have been looking for info on this but have yet to find anything one it. I am waiting for my 3G Ipad and was wondering if anyone has charged there Iphone with the Ipad charger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
According to the description on the Apple Store, the iPad charger is only compatible with the iPad. According to the description of the iPhone charger, it's compatible with multiple devices.

The iPad charger is larger, I would venture a guess and say that it might overload any other devices or cause damage over time. I would suggest not using the iPad charger to charge the iPhone.

OP
G
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing but could not find any solid info. I can see this being a issue in a few months as we are so use to using any iphone or ipod charger for each product with out any worries

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Think of the iPad charger more like a Macbook charger than an iPhone charger. You wouldn't plug your iPhone into your Macbook's charger, now would you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4
The chick at the apple store when I bought the iPad said it's not recommended to charge my iPhone with the ipad charger

OP
G
Reaction score
cool thanks doc. I agree Kash but issue is it is the same jack as Iphone and Ipods

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.