Airport Extreme Performance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" with Retina 4K Display, 3.1GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB Flash Storage Late 2015
I just purchased and installed a new Extreme. This router is replacing a 7 year old Link-sys. I have installed the Extreme and attached to the same modem and to the same Internet connection. The signal strength and range appears to be no better than the Link-sys. The reason I purchased the Extreme is or the purpose of extending the range and signal strength. Right now I am inclined to think I have unnecessarily spent $179. I hold out, however, to think I may have done something to cripple the device during setup. The main objective is to provide Wifi for my iPad Touch around the house and hopefully the back yard, and a new Vizio Blue-ray player that is equipped with Netflix, Vudu etc. The Vizio set up OK and seems to work OK but late last night it could not connect to Vudu. Probably not much to go on here but I hope someone has some thoughts.:[

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.