• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Another iphone 4G rumour

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I think it's either just a prototype that was testing the innards out in the real world, or it's a Chinese knockoff (which would explain the different OS they briefly experienced)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I thought I had too much time on my hands..... I know you do :D

As for that phone, looks more like Nokia x Motorola x Samsung x Sony mongrel
with Apple stickers. A breeding program that went horribly wrong!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
No way. Apple went through the bubbly period over 10 years ago, they wouldn't use those volume buttons now. Plus something about the bottom looks very much like a lot of the chinese rip-off iPhones...

Although, if it was, I wouldn't mind; it doesn't look too bad. I wouldn't mind trying one out, fake or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
It's got to be fake…it was found at a bar!! The person who bought this, probably went to the bar after finding out that it wasn't real

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Yep saw that think it might be real as Apple would kill the phone if lost and that's what happened.

Reaction score
Apple 4G possibly out in June

Yep saw that think it might be real as Apple would kill the phone if lost and that's what happened.

I checked with a Telus rep (Canadian Cell Phone provider) about buying a refurb 3G as I wanted to wait for the new 4G, thinking it may be coming out in September.

She mentioned that the 4G is coming out this June so I should wait on buying the refurb 3G. Take it as it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I think it's either just a prototype that was testing the innards out in the real world, or it's a Chinese knockoff (which would explain the different OS they briefly experienced)

Agreed, That's either a really nice knock off or it's a prototype.
We have all seen those junky Chinese clones and if this is a clone then it's def one of the nicer one's I've seen.

That makes a lot of sense. Plus remember what they did to that Foxconn employee who lost a prototype?.... He killed himself...hmmm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I checked with a Telus rep (Canadian Cell Phone provider) about buying a refurb 3G as I wanted to wait for the new 4G, thinking it may be coming out in September.

She mentioned that the 4G is coming out this June so I should wait on buying the refurb 3G. Take it as it is.

We're all 99.999% certain that Apple is coming out with a new iPhone this summer, that assertion isn't really in question. We just have no clue what the hardware is going to look like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB
Engadget saying that they have proof now. Judge for yourself...

Link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Interesting, I didn't think that Engadget was in the belated April's fool's business....

Sorry but, as much supposed "proof" as we've just witnessed, I still don't buy it. There's no way Apple would commit so many fashion fopaux' in one sitting. It's just not in their genetic make up. Several hard buttons ? No way. And an micro SD card slot ?!... LOL that will be the day !

Ain't happenin'.

Doug

Edit: And if Apple DID ever allow an micro sd expansion slot, you can be sure they'd make sure to cripple it so that music and videos would only accept items bought from the iTunes store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
There is no possible way it is real! I have seen so many fake/cheap/counterfeit chinese cellphones/mp3 players which all resemble parts of this. Why in the world would apple make something that looks like a cheap, counterfeit chinese product? It is possible that it could be a beta model, but I doubt a "reader" would just buy this from japan while being an actual iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's no way Apple would commit so many fashion fopaux' in one sitting. It's just not in their genetic make up.

I gotta disagree, I thought the 1st Generation iPhone was much better built, than the cheap plastic design of the 3G & 3GS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Interesting, I didn't think that Engadget was in the belated April's fool's business....

Sorry but, as much supposed "proof" as we've just witnessed, I still don't buy it. There's no way Apple would commit so many fashion fopaux' in one sitting. It's just not in their genetic make up. Several hard buttons ? No way. And an micro SD card slot ?!... LOL that will be the day !

Ain't happenin'.

Doug

Edit: And if Apple DID ever allow an micro sd expansion slot, you can be sure they'd make sure to cripple it so that music and videos would only accept items bought from the iTunes store.

Not micro SD, microSIM, like the iPad 3G is going to have. All and all, I'm thinking it could be real. The fit and finish is much like the iPad and the buttons are in the right spots. Likely not the finished version, but I'll buy that it's a prototype.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Someone is in for some real **** over at Apple :D.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
If this is real. I'm still a sceptic about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.