Xbox 360 live help

Reaction score
Okay so I'm new to this and I am not very good with any of this computer stuff so help is much appreciated! I've been looking around trying to figure out how to fix this and all I seem to be able to find is how to hook up the xbox 360 live to your internet using a cable attaching ur mac to the xbox. which i would rather not do since i spent $100 on the little wireless this that sticks onto the back of the xbox.

Okay so anyways, I did the test your connection thing on the xbox and it connects to the network but then cant connect to the internet? what comes up is this :
"Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the xbox LIVE servers or xbox.com."

I've tried it with my DNS servers set to automatic and then i set them to manual and put in my DNS number which is 192.168.2.1

It gives you an area to put the primary and secondary DNS number, however on my mac it only shows one DNS number.

I put it in just primary tried, failed. put it in both primary and secondary, failed. i then put it in primary and put my IPv4 address in my secondary which is 192.168.2.4 and still failed.

I have the Belkins wireless router.

Any suggestions???

Thanks so much in advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.