More guitar sustain in Logic

Reaction score
Hi
I am a newbie to logic and have connected my guitar to the mac, how can I get more sustain on a guitar recording rather than playing a note and the sound just stopping and cutting off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Octo 2.8Ghz / Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz
Hi, are you just "DI" into the mac and no pedals etc ?
If so you can run processors across that audio input, you'll get a bit of latency
so you'll have to set your audio buffer size down to 128 or 64 - remember to put
it back up to around 512 AFTER you finished recording to get more processing
on your whole song.

The Guitar amp pro and pedalboard plugins will work nice, use some compression and some overdrive to give you more "note" you can also spin
things on a bit with some delay if you like.
Plain 'ole DI guitar will die off quite soon if totally unprocessed.

Marty.

PS _ remember to switch on "Audio input processing" in the Audio/Hardware setup page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.5Ghz C2D 4GB 500GB Seagate 7200RPM / 15" Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB 160GB Seagate 5400rpm
You need an amp that goes to 11, that's how!

Seriously though, as MM said you need more than just the direct audio coming in from the guitar. Lots of cheap/free software that will help process your guitar a bit to give it some sustain, and the rest is all in your fingers my friend.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.