Switching projects from one library to another in Aperture

Reaction score
Hello!

This is my first post in the forum...after recently purchasing my first mac (a 15in unibody MBP, 2.66ghz, 4g ram, 320g HD, C2D...). I am an amateur photographer and currently use Aperture 3 for organization and minor editing and Photoshop CS4 extended for heavy processing. I am still making my way through both programs (read as "stumbling blindly" through both programs) and have a question regarding Aperture 3.

I have an Aperture library set up on my HD and also have a secondary library set up on my external Seagate Freeagent Go (640g usb 2.0) to keep my internal HD from getting mucked up with tons of RAW files. Ive been doing most of my editing with the projects in the library on the internal HD and then moving them to the library on the external (and then deleting them from the library on the internal HD).

What is the easiest way/ correct way to move projects from one library to another.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
I don't have Aperture 3 yet (super jealous! :p ), but in Aperture 2 (and I assume 3), you can go File>Relocate Master and move files to wherever you like. I haven't used this feature much, so I'm not sure what form it stores the files in externally, but I think this is what they recommend for storing files externally.

If you prefer, you can keep a referenced copy of all your pictures on your main computer, so you can work on them directly whenever your external HD is plugged in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.