Crossing over

Reaction score
Well, after years of building custom PCs and always been a PC candidate, I'm moving over to Mac. Why you ask? Well, there are a few reasons:

1- The 13 inch MBP for 1199 is a great combination of power and battery life that is near impossible to find on a PC laptop. I'll be using it for some basic photo editing, the screen size doesn't really matter since I'll most likely be using a secondary screen.

2- The Apple customer service is AMAZING. I've gone in for help with my iPhone, and so has a friend of mine. The staff was always very helpful and friendly. Being able to come into a store and get great 1on1 face to face help is amazing and doesn't seem to exist for PCs (for free at least).

3- I used my friend's MBP with a multi-touch pad and was amazed. After I started getting used to some of the gestures, going back to my PC laptop felt like going from a BMW M3 to a Honda Civic. Sure it'll get you there, but where's the fun?

Well, there's my story. I never thought I'd be on a Mac forum writing something like this.. but here I am :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome aboard..... These things happen!
There are many switchers/converts here :)
Well, if you ever have any questions, or info for others in need, please share.
When you get your new Mac, I highly advise going through all the tutorials.
Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Some good videos here as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
His videos have helped me a number of times - i think seeing it done is so much better than reading a hint.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Agreed..... As much as I am self taught, I have learnt so much off the video tutorials that otherwise I would not have known the possibilities with Macs, and those that you linked look great!

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys! Two weeks till I fly back home and buy my Mac!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.