Netgear Airport connection problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2.26ghz MacBook 6,1 Late 2009 250GB HD 8GB ram, Mavericks, 30GB Ipod Video, 16GB Iphone 5 ;-)
My Mac has been having trouble connecting to the airport. The internet connection works when I plug in the Ethernet cable but the airport doesn't work. I would close the airport then turn it on again, it picks it up for a couple seconds then the signal gets lost.

Anyone know how to trouble shoot this problem? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Not enuff info - what unit is doing the wireless - the Netgear or an Airport Express/Extreme? When u say the signal is lost - this is shown by?? Have you been into System Prefs > Network and with Airport selected in left pane click Advanced.
Do u see these settings and the router IP number?

Click for full size

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2.26ghz MacBook 6,1 Late 2009 250GB HD 8GB ram, Mavericks, 30GB Ipod Video, 16GB Iphone 5 ;-)
I'm using Netgear at home. I only have this problem when I'm at home. When I'm at work my wireless works just fine.

I also think its the connection to Netgear because my password doesn't work when the prompt shows up. Not sure how to go about doing this. Should I reinstall Netgear and see how that works?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.