Current ipad owners

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
10 days or so after release, would you still recommend purchasing an ipad? I'm looking at the 32 gb 3G version.

Any buyer's remorse?

Reaction score
I got mine Friday and I have a lot of feelings about my iPad. Remourse is certianly not one of them. This thing is awsome. I reach for this thing all the time. My net book is sad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 4gb memory 250 HD
I got my iPad a week ago and love it. I'm going into debt with Apple products but once I played with the iPad I couldn't leave without one. It's great. I was able to go see my great niece today who is 4 months old and she was watching Sesame Street videos and Dancing with the Stars on the ABC app. She has good taste!

No buyer's remorse here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Wasn't going to buy one. Bored last Friday. Went to the Apple Store. Bought the iPad. This thing is NEVER going back. Now I want the 3G version. Thing is sweet.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
Sounds really great! Thanks for the responses so far folks. :)

C

chas_m

Wasn't going to buy one. Bored last Friday. Went to the Apple Store. Bought the iPad. This thing is NEVER going back. Now I want the 3G version. Thing is sweet.

Mdfuller's response is exactly what's going to happen to hundreds of thousands of people over the summer, and probably more still as we head into the holidays. I have a hard time not seeing the iPad as *the* hot gift for well-to-do people this year.

Reaction score
Some analyst projected the 1st Gen iPad to sell about 7 million copies during it's lifetime.

That would be a HUGE success. I don't doubt it either, but the experience that happened with mdfuller is going to happen to a lot of people.. Whether they play with it in the Apple Store, their friends or family members iPad, or simply buy one on intuition, Apple has another hit on their hands.

I wasn't very interested in it to begin with, mainly because I already have an iPod Touch and my MacBook, and didn't exactly see where it would fit in line in terms of daily use.. However, after seeing everything about it and watching/reading about other's experiences with it, it's definitely peaked my interest.

Once I save up the extra $$, I'll definitely give the purchase of an iPad heavy consideration.

C

chas_m

Some analyst projected the 1st Gen iPad to sell about 7 million copies during it's lifetime.

Sounds like that analyst is assuming the iPad will be replaced with another model in a year's time. I'd guess longer myself (not counting very minor refreshes or OS updates, that is -- I'm talking about a true v2 iPad, I'd say we won't see it before 2012.

I think 7M in its first full year of availability is a very achievable goal. At the rate they're going they'll have moved a million units before the iPad is available for sale outside the US.

Reaction score
Yeah, my bad.. Did NOT mean to say lifetime! Meant to say first year..

My goodness, It's about time for bed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
10 days or so after release, would you still recommend purchasing an ipad? I'm looking at the 32 gb 3G version.

Any buyer's remorse?

I went to apple and bestbuy yesterday, expecting them to at least have one kind of ipad version, but everyone was sold out. I was bummed out when I went home empty handed. I still like it very much for what I want out of it. If you don't know what you want from it, I would suggest rethink your plan. What are you looking to get out of it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Any buyer's remorse?

Yes.
&
No.

Reaction score
I just got my iPad today after a friend going to the US and buying one for me. I love it, the secone I got it out of the box I was amazed, I can't wait to play around with some apps later,

My laptop won't be used for a long time now i have got this aha.

Sam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I was just at Best Buy and they have a slew of all models in stock. I asked the sales guy if I brought my 32 gig back for a 64 gig if I would be charged a restocking fee and he said, "Nope" you have 14 days to return it, so I'm going to go ahead and get pay the $100.00 and get the 64 gig.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Had mine since day 1 with no remorse at all. It's deifnitely a luxury item and not a necessity, but I am really enjoying using in bed and on the couch where I would very rarely if ever take my laptop. Also took it on one business trip so far where it was a niceconvenient way to surf the web and whatnot at the hotel. Trips with flights will be even better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I was just at Best Buy and they have a slew of all models in stock. I asked the sales guy if I brought my 32 gig back for a 64 gig if I would be charged a restocking fee and he said, "Nope" you have 14 days to return it, so I'm going to go ahead and get pay the $100.00 and get the 64 gig.

Sorry, this might be a tad off topic... why do you feel you need the extra storage? I know I wouldn't be getting the 16GB, but I teeter back and forth on the 32GB and 64GB. Just trying to get some insight. :)

Reaction score
Sorry, this might be a tad off topic... why do you feel you need the extra storage? I know I wouldn't be getting the 16GB, but I teeter back and forth on the 32GB and 64GB. Just trying to get some insight. :)

I read a couple of posts where individuals have stated that the Ipad Apps can consume more space than you would think. I remember one person who said after a weekend of loading a few Apps (and he still planned on getting many more) he had already hit the 4 gig mark. He also hadn't loaded his music, bought a few games, or downloaded a few movies from Netflix that he had his eye on.

My main reason for picking up a 64 gig is that I fall into that same category. I have a ton of music, will be downloading a ton of apps & games, and will save numerous movies for when I travel. I don't want to worry about actively micro managing the space on my Ipad....therefore the 64 gig provides the highest level of comfort. Just my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Although my 32 gig still had quite a bit of space left, I felt that if I was going to return it I had to do it within the next day or so and the $100.00 extra wasn't going to break me. I think as more and more apps come to market I could see that 32gig continue to shrink. On a side note I picked up the 64 gig during my lunch time (after I wiped the old one) and the sync went flawlessly with the new iPad. All of my apps on the 64 gig were exactly in the same place, all email accounts worked, everything was perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PC Baby!
New, first post.... I have had my 16 for about a week and a half..... and really like it. Already sold my Sony reader, and Nintendo DS Lite. Only reason I keep my netbook is because I use it to sync my ipad, wife's ipad, and my iphone to it........

But, i do wish I'd gotten the 64, it would be great to have ALL my music on it..... I could still exchange, but would have to pay the 10% restock fe

No buyers remorse at all, am absolutely sold on the iPad.

Reaction score
New, first post.... I have had my 16 for about a week and a half..... and really like it. Already sold my Sony reader, and Nintendo DS Lite. Only reason I keep my netbook is because I use it to sync my ipad, wife's ipad, and my iphone to it........

But, i do wish I'd gotten the 64, it would be great to have ALL my music on it..... I could still exchange, but would have to pay the 10% restock fe

No buyers remorse at all, am absolutely sold on the iPad.

If you bought your Ipad at Best Buy you may want to go back and see if they would be willing to exchange without charging you the fee. Best Buy rules give them the right to charge the fee, but there have been many instances where they have elected not to charge the fee.

Can't hurt to ask, the worst they can say is no.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.