• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Next iPhone may get June 22 reveal

Reaction score
(Jiggles dice in hand) Go...Verizon! (Dice hits board). .....

I hope VZW gets it...I don't want to leave VZW, but I love the iPhone!!!

C

chas_m

I'm not expecting any major huge updates but it would be nice to see a new iPhone model around the time iPhone OS 4 hits. Would make it a little easier for me to part with my beloved iPhone 2G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
deleted my comment

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I wonder what the new iphone will be made out of? I love the way those aluminum mock-up ones look, but I bet it would be uncomfortable to hold. I also don't mind the plastic back of the current one's…but it's time has come. It would also make sense for it to be aluminum considering pretty much every new mac thing is now aluminum.

Reaction score
I wonder what the new iphone will be made out of? I love the way those aluminum mock-up ones look, but I bet it would be uncomfortable to hold. I also don't mind the plastic back of the current one's…but it's time has come. It would also make sense for it to be aluminum considering pretty much every new mac thing is now aluminum.

I'd also love to see a bigger screen in the same size that the iPhone is now. (Kind of like the the HTC HD II) Aluminum would be cool I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

First gen iPhone was aluminum and it was just fine to hold

Reaction score

I think he means aluminum just like the MacBook Pro and iPod nano. Full aluminum, not just the backing.

However, I think this would be hard with full edge to edge glass, as far as I am concerned, I think black or white or silver for a backing would do fine. Just as it has for the other someodd million/billion people out there who own one.

Reaction score
I'd love if it got announced for VZW and Sprint..

I LOVE the iPhone, but I love Sprints plans even more.. I'd leave Sprint for VZW, but not AT&T (obviously).

With that said, if Sprint nor VZW doesn't get the iPhone this year, my next phone will be the htc android 4G phone from Sprint that had an 8 MP camera and 4" screen.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm 99% sure they're not, which is why most of my post was talking about Sprint or VZW getting it..

As long as it's exclusive to AT&T, I'll probably never buy one. Their plans are a bit overpriced and their service (3G at least) is almost non existent where I live.

Sadly, Sprint's 4G network is opening up in Cleveland, among other cities, which I live an hour away from and spend a few days a week in.

With that said, it'll be interesting to see what the new iPhone features/consists of. I'm wondering if their change up the spring board or tweak the UI? Or if it'll just be a internal make over with specs..

Reaction score
I'm excited that for the first time I'll be getting a new Apple product when it comes out. My phone contract is up end of summer so I'm going to buy it out and get an iPhone. I would rather stay with VZN but I'm not waiting on them any longer. Once my new contract with AT&T runs its course I'll decide at that time which carrier to go with. From what I've been reading AT&T has been working hard on upgrading and the thought is VZN may go through the same issues once they get the iPhone as well. So I'll roll the dice and go with who has it. Can't wait for it to be released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I'm excited that for the first time I'll be getting a new Apple product when it comes out. My phone contract is up end of summer so I'm going to buy it out and get an iPhone. I would rather stay with VZN but I'm not waiting on them any longer. Once my new contract with AT&T runs its course I'll decide at that time which carrier to go with. From what I've been reading AT&T has been working hard on upgrading and the thought is VZN may go through the same issues once they get the iPhone as well. So I'll roll the dice and go with who has it. Can't wait for it to be released.

Not to mention call and the web can't be done on the same phone at the same
time on Verizon unless they make some changes which negates a lot of multitasking on their network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...

I mean aluminum as in the unibody aluminum like the macbooks, not just an aluminum exterior, which was also round…I don't think they would make it round again, but rather with sharper edges like the macbooks, which is why I was saying it might be a bit harder to hold.

Edit: I also think there is this, at&t sucks bandwagon, that people seem to want to jump on even though they haven't experienced At&t yet, based on other people's claims. I haven't had any problems with their cell coverage…knock on wood… I first had verizon on my blackberry…had problems. Went to tmobile with the MDA…not bad service, but no real decent phones. Now I'm with At&t on the iphone, and whatever problem I do have, it's nothing that hasn't shown up on the others…like no service at home depot…lol

Reaction score
Not to mention call and the web can't be done on the same phone at the same
time on Verizon unless they make some changes which negates a lot of multitasking on their network.

You can multitask with the Motorola Droid, a Verizon exclusive phone that runs Android. And you can also multitask with any other smartphone on VZW provided the OS the phone runs has built in multitasking. If iPhone comes to Verizon, the multitasking will likely be enabled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
You can multitask with the Motorola Droid, a Verizon exclusive phone that runs Android. And you can also multitask with any other smartphone on VZW provided the OS the phone runs has built in multitasking. If iPhone comes to Verizon, the multitasking will be likely be enabled.

Your positive you can surf the web and make a call at the same time because if you can I can't
believe Verizon has not sued and won against AT&T for their ad.

Reaction score
Verizons technology doesn't allow you to multitask. Same with Sprint.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I think we need to clarify some things here.

Multi-Tasking = Running more than 1 app at the same time.

Call/Surf = Talking on the phone and surfing the web, or using data, simultaneously. This could be considered Multi-tasking.

The iPhone can only do limited multi-tasking in its current form, say listening to your iPod while surfing the web. It CAN do voice and data simultaneously, but that has not always been the case.

The last Verizon phone I had couldn't do either but I do not know if that was the phone or Verizon. I am under the impression the Verizon doesn't do voice/data, but I KNOW AT&T does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
Verizons technology doesn't allow you to multitask. Same with Sprint.

Sprint will be releasing that technology soon. They're currently working on it for the release of the HTC 4G Phone.

Reaction score
Sprint will be releasing that technology soon. They're currently working on it for the release of the HTC 4G Phone.

Very true, which I can't wait for! Only thing that keeps me from getting the iPhone is AT&T's 3G coverage here currently, and the new htc 4G phone. That thing is sweet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.