Apple delays international iPad release

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Reaction score
Does anyone know if an IPAD purchased in the US will be covered for warranty by Apple UK?

Thanks,

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
Sorry to the all who are affected by the delay but if it helps get my pre ordered 3g model here quicker....Well tough luck! =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Sorry to the all who are affected by the delay but if it helps get my pre ordered 3g model here quicker....Well tough luck! =)

Well your 3G ipads in the US I've heard are delayed too. For the same reasons as the international ones are delayed. So best learn to like waiting.
And laughing at the misfortune of others is a very un mac-forum user like thing to do. And it shows the kind of person you are.

At least we have a date we can pre-order now.
We will announce international pricing and begin taking online pre-orders on Monday, May 10.
Mind you end of April to 10th of May is not really a month. A week or 2 at best delayed. Cause I always thought end of april was the pre-order date and not release date. So it's not as bad as people think. But it was very nice of Apple to make a statement about this to let us know.

At least there is one good thing for us non US people. We cam make sure the Wi-Fi and overheating issues are all sorted out before we get our ipads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I guess it goes to show, that like any company, if demand is high they they are forced to delay a release to other markets.

Could be worse, the iPad could have been a flop, and I am sure none of us wants that

Reaction score
Well your 3G ipads in the US I've heard are delayed too. For the same reasons as the international ones are delayed. So best learn to like waiting.
And laughing at the mosfirtune of others is a very un mac-forum user like thing to do. And it shows the kind of person you are.

I think tdll1313 was being sarcastic....maybe we shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

By the way, do you have a link to the story about the 3G pads being delayed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
No link. So it seems either what I heard is wrong or Apple have not yet commented on the situation. I'm sure it's more likely the latter. And Apple do want their US customers happy and well ipad fed. And I don't blame them. Releasing a product then having it unable to buy is pretty bad. So the more crowds in the US that buy ipads in the US means more delays for the rest of the world.

But on the upside Apple's share value will just go up and up too :).

And to answer your question, no link yet. So take it with a grain of salt till some official word about this pops up.

And there is a right and a wrong time for sarcasm if indeed that was sarcasm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
And laughing at the misfortune of others is a very un mac-forum user like thing to do. And it shows the kind of person you are.

At least we have a date we can pre-order now.

Mind you end of April to 10th of May is not really a month. A week or 2 at best delayed. Cause I always thought end of april was the pre-order date and not release date. So it's not as bad as people think. But it was very nice of Apple to make a statement about this to let us know.

At least there is one good thing for us non US people. We cam make sure the Wi-Fi and overheating issues are all sorted out before we get our ipads.
WOW, had I known the Thought Police would be after me for my playful comment that ended with a smile face, I would have been more careful. The ability to derive "the kind of person I am" with nothing more than your incorrect interpretation of a single post is truly remarkable....So in review, A) traylorc was correct, and B) be careful what you say around the8thark, his ability to misconstrue your words and come to a conclusion about your entire personality and place a value on it, is spooky!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your insight. It seems we both know each other very well now and can read eath others thoughts. That is nice to know
And your statement shows your ability to misconstrue words too. Seems we both share that skill in common. Also nice to know :).
What you said did sound a little harsh mind you. But it's ok. We were both harsh to each other.

Reaction score
Demand is either too high, or they don't want to put too many quirky products into customers hands.

Apart from reports of difficulty in connecting over Wi-fi, I am not aware of 'issues'.

However, not sure it's purely a 'demand' problem.

C

chas_m

Doesn't bother me that much, as like most Canadians I can easily travel over the border and bring one home with me. A bit disappointing however.

Based on activity in another forum I'm on, I can say with some confidence that at least a part of that "surprising US demand" is *already* coming from Canadians buying theirs just over the border.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And here is the link to the Apple media release:-

Apple Media Advisory

For us down under advised delivery now the end of May.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Based on activity in another forum I'm on, I can say with some confidence that at least a part of that "surprising US demand" is *already* coming from Canadians buying theirs just over the border.

Plus all the people who flew over to the US to get oneplus the companies in places liek the UK and Hong Kong who got some jsut to re-sell at a profit. This we all already know. I'm just saying that US demand is actually a world wide demand :). Just most of us do not have the funds to take a ipad buying shopping trip to New York.

Thanks for that Harry. It seems pre-orders 10th May for end of may maybe Sat 29th May release. But I do think 3G and Wi-Fi will be released at the same time here.

Apple just can't push back the international release date too far. because they need the initial US rush and ipad fever to be at least partially existant so that feeling can filter over to the other countries when we have our release date. If the ipad has lost it's new product shiny and is just something everybody "just needs to have" then it'll be much harder in the other countries to get the crowds enthaused in the product and do all those store lineups as I'm sure Apple love so much.

Reaction score
Mind you end of April to 10th of May is not really a month. A week or 2 at best delayed.
We were going to get to buy it in late April. Now we get to start preordering it on the 10th of May. If there's a 2 week preordering period (an optimistic estimate IMO) we'll be able to buy it 24th of May. Exactly 1 month after rumour was saying we'd get to buy it.

I guess this shows the lack of stock hype isn't just hype. There really is a shortage of stock.

C

chas_m

A friend of mine who's in a position to know says Apple blew by the 500,000 mark already, so yes they are selling very well.

Which reminds me, whatever became of all those iHaters who predicted it would be a flop? :D

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A friend of mine who's in a position to know says Apple blew by the 500,000 mark already, so yes they are selling very well.

Which reminds me, whatever became of all those iHaters who predicted it would be a flop? :D

Hopefully they've moved on and bought their Win based tablet that has all the missing stuff on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We were going to get to buy it in late April. Now we get to start preordering it on the 10th of May. If there's a 2 week preordering period (an optimistic estimate IMO) we'll be able to buy it 24th of May. Exactly 1 month after rumour was saying we'd get to buy it.

That's correct if you believed the rumour. I never did. I expected a delay hence my comment of 2 weeks is not that much. The same thing happened with the iphone (edge) released here. Massively delayed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb

The iPad was assured of success when Steve Ballmer (CEO of Microsoft) said it would be a flop. He said the same thing when the iPhone launched (and probably the iPod too)!

UK iPad Pre-order - 25 Days and counting

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.