PDA

View Full Version : Someone put full version OS 7 on their iphone

the8thark
04-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Someone put full version OS 7 on their iphone
Team Puts Mac OS 7 on iPhone - Still a work in progress - Softpedia (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Team-Puts-Mac-OS-7-on-iPhone-105767.shtml)

And in the link are nice pics of OS 7 in all it's glory on the iphone.
How would Apple view having OS 7 on their iphones? I'd like someone to show jobs this just to see the expression on his face.

http://news.softpedia.com/images/extra/NEWS/large/system7oniphonescr_004-large.jpg

Well it's 7.0.1. :)

louishen
04-12-2010, 02:58 PM
I thought that might have been published on April 1st, but good luck to them, a lot of work seems to have gone into that.

They just better remember to rebuild the desktop every now and again, as well as allow start-up without extensions, for when the inevitable extension conflict occurs :-)

bargsbeer
04-12-2010, 03:30 PM
That's cool.

arrontdep
04-19-2010, 06:49 AM
That is cool, I shall never try and install an OS on a device that isn't specifically designed to handle one again as I tried to install Mac OS X 10.5 Snow Leopard onto my PS3, only to lose all my save game data, it took me a long time to get all my MGS4 data. :(

cwa107
04-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Why is the image convex, as though it were being displayed on a curved screen CRT? Looks chopped to me.

arrontdep
04-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Why is the image convex, as though it were being displayed on a curved screen CRT? Looks chopped to me.

It looks that way, the table doesn't seem to bend, photoshopped? Try and YouTube it.

mtbinva
04-19-2010, 12:20 PM

Actually looks like a pic was taken of a CRT of that OS and is being shown on the phone to give the impression that os was on the device. The concave view and the rounded corners give it away.

cwa107
04-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Actually looks like a pic was taken of a CRT of that OS and is being shown on the phone to give the impression that os was on the device. The concave view and the rounded corners give it away.

Well, the rounded corners are always there on OS7, regardless of the display used. But to me, the rounded edges of the screen make it look like that's exactly what was done.