• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My Iphone & Mobile Me

Reaction score
Since i have Sync my Iphone & Mobile Me i am getting 2 of everything on my Ical & Contacts, Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong to make it do that and how i can fix it please. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Sounds like you are syncing both over the air and directly to the computer. For E-Mail, Calenders and Contacts you need to sync either over the air via MobileMe or via your computer, but not both. Pick one and go with it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Iv signed out of mobile me and sync again and my contacts are ok now its just my ical that has still double of everything, so annoying, might have to sort it out manually ????

thanks for your help btw :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've had that calender issue before. Stop sharing them with your iPhone (in iTunes) so it clears them all out, then turn it back on and re-sync, that should work. Before you re sync, check the phone and see if there are still calenders on there. If there are, you can go in and delete them manually I think.

Question: If you are not using the over the air sync part of MobileMe then why have it? From my point of view, the ability to sync "on the go" with the "cloud" from all of my devices is the biggest plus of having MM. Just curious.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.