Screen Print???

Reaction score
I am used to working with screenprint a lot in the PC

I capture the screen then open Ps or Il and simply CTRL V the capture into whatever I am working on.

Works quick...

Could someone tell me how to do comparable in Mac please?

Thank you in advance for any info!

Reaction score
Command (⌘)-Shift-3 will yield an entire screenshot - file will be saved to your desktop.

You can also do Command (⌘)-Shift-4 to get crosshairs or Command (⌘)-Shift-4 then spacebar to capture an entire window.

Grab (located in the Utilities folder) is another option, depending on your OS...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
By the way you can find the capture short cuts in System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Screen Shots - There you can change it to whatever you want. It would also behove switchers to look through all the shortcuts available.

Also to note in the keyboard shortcuts dialog box for switchers there is a pick for Full Keyboard access. If you want tab to act like it does in windows select All Controls so that tab moves through all choices in a dialog box.

Reaction score
Screen Capture:
* Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop
* Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop
* Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop
* Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard
* Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard
* Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard

In Leopard, the following keys can be held down while selecting an area (via Command-Shift-4 or Command-Control-Shift-4):

* Space, to lock the size of the selected region and instead move it when the mouse moves
* Shift, to resize only one edge of the selected region
* Option, to resize the selected region with its center as the anchor point

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Grab is good. Preview is the default app your screen shots will open in and it can be used for a number of things as well. Crop, adjust size, creating arrows or circles on your screen shot, etc. etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.