iPad Won't Mount

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5
We pre-ordered an iPad and received it on Saturday. I immediately found out I needed to be running 10.5.8 on my iMac G5, I was running 10.4. So, I ordered a copy of 10.5 online and waited.

Since we wanted to play with the iPad, we took it over to my parents house and hooked it up to their macbook. They have an intel macbook with 10.5. We couldn't get the ipad to work until it synced with an itunes. We synced it with my parents account and began using the ipad. We didn't download any apps that cost money because it was their account.

Yesterday, my copy of 10.5 arrives and I install on my imac G5. Upgrade all of the software so now I'm at 10.5.8 OS X and 9.1 iTunes - everything I'm supposed to need for the ipad. Plug it in and it won't mount.

Tried several different things until I finally went into settings and reset everything on the ipad, so not it's in "out of the box" status and won't do anything until it syncs with itunes. It still won't be recognized.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Yes!

Its very frustrating - that happened to me. You have to completely uninstall itunes from your computer, and then re-install it again. There are support articles on apple.com that will help you make sure you completely remove itunes. good luck!!:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.