Question about parallels and bootcamp

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if i have windows 7 installed on bootcamp then i install parallels, will i still be able to run windows on bootcamp? I want parallels but my school may not allow me to run windows on parallels and only on bootcamp.

another question is what is the difference between parallel 5.0 and the new parallel desktop switch?

thanks in advance!

Edit: I noticed that this forum doesn't load properly on my mac- using safari, but on my dell laptop, this forum works normally. Does this site not work properly with safari browser? thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
Edit: I noticed that this forum does load properly on my mac- using safari, but on my dell laptop, this forum works normally. Does this site not work properly with safari browser? thanks!

if the forum loads properly on a mac and then works normally on a dell then you're ok. what's wrong with it?
I used Parallels with Windows 7 Ultimate and it worked fine. why would you're school stop you from using it over bootcamp there really isn't no difference. can someone please correct me if I'm wrong

OP
K
Reaction score
if the forum loads properly on a mac and then works normally on a dell then you're ok. what's wrong with it?
I used Parallels with Windows 7 Ultimate and it worked fine. why would you're school stop you from using it over bootcamp there really isn't no difference. can someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Oh sorry, I meant it doesn't load properly on my mac-safari browser.

And as for my school, the requirement is to have windows on bootcamp and not parallels, so my question was, if I have parallels, will I still be able to run window on bootcamp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Yes - you can make Parallels point to your bootcamp partition. You can then use parallels inside OSX to use your bootcamp partition. Or you can boot directly to your bootcamp partition. It does not break anything. I use it all the time to access my enterprise resources for my company. I tend to use Parallels as I don't need the full speed. I am mainly accessing corporate email and corporate intranet which doesn't need a lot of power. I use bootcamp directly when I want to play windows games. What reasons does your school give for not letting you use Parallels?

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks guys, so I guess I'll use Windows on Parallels and when I'm at school, I'll run Windows on BootCamp.

What about this forum with Safari browser? It seems to like not load on my Mac(Safari), but it loads properly on my Dell(I use google chrome, explorer and firefox), is that normal?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.