iTunes 9: Understanding Home Sharing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2016 13in 4 Thunderbolt Ports 3.3GHz I7 16 GB Ram
I have attempted to use the home sharing feature of iTunes 9, but am having some problems.

I have a Mac Mini and a PC on a wifi local network using Airport. I don't have a wireless router. The Mac connects to the internet via a Sprint broadband card. The PC is not connected to the internet, but only to the Mac by Airport (wifi).

The home sharing doesn't work and the PC displays the message 'cannot connect to the iTunes Store'.

I am assuming that I must have both computers connected to the internet for home sharing to work. I cannot do this as the broadband card plugs into only one computer at a time.

Does anyone know if this is correct, and is there any work around?

Thanks

Larry H

Reaction score
It seems for home sharing to work both computers need to be connected via the same network cross platforms dont matter. I have my iMac and iBook home sharing via the same netgear wireless router. just my .02cents

OP
Larry H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2016 13in 4 Thunderbolt Ports 3.3GHz I7 16 GB Ram
I solved my own problem! In Preferences I discovered that I was not sharing my internet connection. I set it to share by Airport and it all works. I was able to transfer about 5 gigs of music from the Mac to the PC.

Larry H

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.