Steve was right it feels natural

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
I am not sure if I will ever go back to a laptop after using this iPad can't wait to see what's in the future.....

This is just perfect...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Is there anything you do not like about the ipad BA? Just to get a balanced perspective from you is all :).
We all know you love it but is there anything you don't like about it?

OP
BadApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Hummmmm. Yes wish it had a good battery app to count cycles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I'm at the Apple store right now typing on an iPad. I hate the keyboard! it feels weird to type on and I keep hitting the wrong keys cause they're so close together. It needs up/down arrows, but there would be even less room on the keyboard then. Maybe it's just me. I've not used an iPhone or iTouch before either so typing like this is foreign to me. :[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Maybe it's just me. I've not used an iPhone or iTouch before either so typing like this is foreign to me. :[

Give it time Mate .... Took me all of a cpl weeks to be proficient on my Touch .. :)

TM

Reaction score
I'm at the Apple store right now typing on an iPad. I hate the keyboard! it feels weird to type on and I keep hitting the wrong keys cause they're so close together. It needs up/down arrows, but there would be even less room on the keyboard then. Maybe it's just me. I've not used an iPhone or iTouch before either so typing like this is foreign to me. :[

Like Tattoo said, just give it time. I've owned the iPhone since the day it came out and after using it a few times I could fly through typed messages. It comes with time. ;D

Reaction score
You will get used to it MY! When I got my iPhone I couldn't type anything correctly and after a few tries I type as fast as on my laptop keyboard. Same will happen with the iPad.

OP
BadApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Just went to best buy and got my 3rd iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Does coming frm an iPhone or touch really make the transition to the iPad screen any easier? I mean, the two are totally different in terms of how you type. On my phone I can only use my thumbs, but on this I can use most of my fingers.

I think what makes the difference for me is that I'm not a formal typist. I've always been a hunt and peck type with just my thumbs, index and middle fingers while looking at the keyboard. So transitioning to a smaller touch screen really isn't that much of a stretch. I think people who type more formally with all fingers will have a much more difficult time.

Even as I type on ts thing I can't believe how fast I can go! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I think what makes the difference for me is that I'm not a formal typist. I've always been a hunt and peck type with just my thumbs, index and middle fingers while looking at the keyboard. So transitioning to a smaller touch screen really isn't that much of a stretch. I think people who type more formally with all fingers will have a much more difficult time.

I think you diagnosed the problem. I can type 80+ wpm on a traditional keyboard. Maybe 70/75+ wpm on my MBP keyboard.
I only logged about 15/20 minutes at the Apple store today. I'd have to borrow someone's iPad before I'd even consider buying one. And this is coming from a guy who told his wife yesterday that he was getting one as soon as the next version comes out. Now, I'm not 100% sure about that. :\

OP
BadApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
I kinda hunt and peck too, it feels awesome on the iPad very very easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
My only complaint about mine is my arm get's tired holding it up all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
It still seems strange to me how easy it is to type on an iPhone. Coming from other makes of Smartphone with tiny keyboards made up actual keys, I expected to have difficulty with finding the right key without using a stylus to prod at them. However, I seem to hit the right key about 99% of the time - which is adequate for entering things like URLs and passwords.

How the iPad will compare - especially if trying to type more than that - only time will tell, once the UK is allowed to try them. The only problem I can see is the lack of tactile feedback. Of course, I am not a touch typist, so this will probably be less of a problem for me. :)

C

chas_m

The lack of tactile feedback is no problem if you have functioning eyes. At least on the iPhone, I can easily see when I've hit the wrong key and when I haven't, so now I'm pretty proficient on it. iPad soft keyboard shouldn't be a problem, and of course the iPad works fine with "real" bluetooth keyboards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It kind of interestring to me that even as people become more dependent on computers for everyday use, most people still don't type in the most efficient way! I can type in the formal way using the "homekeys" and all 10 fingers, but I just don't choose to. I know I can probably learn to type much faster if I just do it for a while, but don't. Strange really. But now it's actually paying with this new mobile device "for the rest of us". Maybe Apple knew this going in?

I was originally planning on getting one of Apple's BT keyboards to travel with for better typing of longers things like email and such, but after finding how fast I can type on the on-screen keyboard, I realized that I don't need it!

OP
BadApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
I took it in school then had to change schools so never learned the correct way however I am pretty quick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
Funny thing about the typing, I am trying to learn to correctly type on the keyboard with all ten....Tough to do when you are in a hurry....LOL!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.