iphone and new macbook pro

Reaction score
Hi, First post

Just got my son 13years old, a new Macbook pro laptop and need some help in simple terms!
He is looking to sync the iphone with all the apps with the new macbook but it just deletes them.
We have a back up on cd but what do we do?
Have over 100 apps.
Done this on the old Vista and lost 100 apps also can they be retreved?
Have a backup but again on cd.

Any help for him would be good, after wanting a macbook for so long.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You need to authorize iTunes with the account that was used for purchasing all those apps. iTunes will then auto populate the account with the apps that have been purchased on that account.

If these are not apps from the iTunes app store, but from Cydia, you're probably on your own.

Reaction score
or the other option was to send us a note before he tried to sync (just joking)... if you authorize the MBP and then transfer purchases from the iPhone it does not delete all the apps from the iPhone when synced.

Now, since you have the backup CD you can authorize ITunes and then click drag all your apps to the library and you will be all good to go...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.