iMac or PowerBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Im not a switcher but i didnt know of another place to put this so here goes...
I am looking to buy a new Mac [specs are over on the side] and i am deciding between an imac or a new PowerBook its a very hard choice. What are your ideas on it?

Reaction score
Is it just me or is this more obvious than he's making it...? :confused:

Do you need portability...? Your asking between a notebook and a desktop...

Will you be taking it places... There's your answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
i would say neither. you have an amazing desktop. you also have a powerbook and ibook for your portable needs. why spend all that money for something that wont improve you current situation at all? maybe spend the money upgrading the ram in all your machines. that will cost less. why do you have 3 computers anyway. that doesn't make sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
most people are content with one machine, you have 3, 1 being the top of the line, and 2 other ones not outdated. you want to add another one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
Dang! I bet your rich, huh? I wish I could be able to afford another Mac... but I'm content with my iMac. :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I normally wouldn't judge why someone chooses to buy a computer or try to influence what they buy and when, but I am leaning towards the rest of the group here. According to your Mac specs, you already have three fine machines.
Why do you feel that you need another computer in the lineup? Granted, I have several but to be completely honest, I don't use them all...mostly just the iBook and the eMac. You don't appear to need the portability, as you already have two laptops, and the dual 2.5 G5 you have should be more than enough for desktop/home needs.
In the end it is up to you...its your money afterall. I wouldn't see why you would feel the need to replace any of those machines, if that is your intent...but to each his own I suppose.
If you are looking for suggestions, I would say to spend the money you have set aside for a new Mac on something to complement what you already have....a new printer, scanner, monitor...etc. It just really doesn't appear that you would need a new machine. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
if you were to buy something new i'd go with an upgrade to one of your 'books..ie. buy a new pb and sell the old one, or the same thing with the ibook

OR you can buy me a new powermac ;)

-chris

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Most of you are saying not to buy either so i think it would be good just to stay with what i have. thanks for all your input

S

SErgini0

benjamindaines said:
Most of you are saying not to buy either so i think it would be good just to stay with what i have. thanks for all your input

If you really need protability, get an ibook or a powerbook! Else forget it and stick to you own machines.

I currently own 6 computers (most being PC), but then I realised I need a laptop, so i got myself a powerbook. Quite frankly, I only switch on the PCs when I need them for work or for cluster computing!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.