Sharing internet to PS3

Reaction score
Many times I've lurked on this site to find the answers to my problems, but now after days of failed researching, I actually need a hand, if anyone's generous enough to help out.

I'm trying to send my Macbook's airport connection to my PS3 over ethernet, but I get the dreaded DNS error no matter what I do. Obviously internet sharing is on, sharing connection from Airport via ethernet, which connects other macs to the internet just fine, but with the PS3, it errors each time.

On the PS3, I'm using 10.0.1.210 as the manual IP. After finding this thread I tried using my Macbook's IP, 10.0.1.201, as the default router and Primary DNS, leaving the secondary blank. But I still get the error. I'm at a loss; at the moment I'm having trouble imagining the DNS error not appearing.

I'm terrible with fixing networking problems, so you'll have to forgive me for being stupid, but I've tried all I can.

Any advice that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

OP
R
Reaction score
Because the signal is rather low for the ps3, so it's laggy, as well as a wired connection being required for psp Ad Hoc.

OP
R
Reaction score
I'm still working on this, and still frustrated out of my mind.

I now know that the macbook doing the sharing is acting as a router instead of bridge, so I'm using its IP as the default router IP now instead of Airport Extreme's. But I still don't know what to put as the Primary and Secondary DNS servers, which seems to be the real problem. Google's public DNS doesn't help, nor does OpenDNS', my Cox DNS servers (68.105.28.11 and 68.105.29.11) were what I used originally, and then using my computer's IP, as I learned from the thread I referred to earlier, yet I always get the DNS error.

Please, if anyone can offer any advice, I've been working on this alone too long for someone who knows as little about networking as I.

Reaction score
in a similar situation but i'm trying to share my airport via ethernet to a linksys rpt300. wondering if you have a fix yet?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.