Chicken of the VNC Help Needed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I'm trying to set up Chicken of the VNC using my Mac Mini as server and my MacBook Pro as Host. I have the Mini set for Screen Sharing, Allow access for All Users, Anyone may request permission, and have the VNC password set. I have the Mini's IP address and password set in Chicken of the VNC on the Macbook Pro. When I try to Connect using Chicken of the VNC, I immediately get a black screen, title bar indicating it's a screen from the Mini, and a Chicken of the VNC error message that says "Connection Terminated - The server closed the connection."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I assume you have OSX on the mini? If you do, why not just use Screen Sharing built into OSX? It may be an easier solution then messing with CoTVNC, plus wouldn't require you to install additional software unless you're needing CoTVNC for some reason?

But, you may want to take a look at this: 10.5: Use Chicken of the VNC with 10.5's Screen Sharing - Mac OS X Hints - having to do with screen color depth causing a problem with connecting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
What am I doing wrong?

Did you try Shake 'n Bake 3.2? ;)

I gotta find out what that is... Yahoo, here I come!

For others who are curious:

You can use Chicken of the VNC to interact with a remote computer as though it’s right next to you.

OP
VegasGeorge
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Hey guys, thanks SO much! I changed the color bit depth to "Let the Server Decide," and immediately CotVNC worked like a charm. Great fix!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.