Open Hotmail attachments on iPad?

Reaction score
Hey there
Is there any way to open hotmail (yeah, I know) attachments such as PDFs on the iPad?

Thanks

C

chas_m

The iPad doesn't give a flying crap what email address you have as long as:

1. It's supported by Mail.
2. The attachment is in a format supported by the iPad (MS Office and iWork files, PDFs, most picture formats, some movie formats, most music formats etc).

If the answer to either criteria is "no," then no.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The iPad mail app will open PDFs in Quick Look.

OP
F
Reaction score
Tried to open a PDF attachment (held finger on link, clicked "open") and nothing happened. Did it open somewhere else?

OP
F
Reaction score
Let me rephrase: I click on the attachment and it spins the little waiting cursor. Then nothing. I hold my finger on the attachment and a window pops up: JavaScript - open link. I click on "open link" and the cursor spins again and then stops. It's doing something but I don't know what. And what/where is quick look. When I open an attachment from Mobileme it pops up in a new window so I'm confused on why it doesn't work on hotmail (I know, it's hotmail.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.