Airport wtih PC

L

lokerd

Hello. I should be receiving my Powerbook soon wtih an Airport card and base station for school. Currently, I am taking my personal laptop to work every day, which is a PC. I would like to add a wireless router to my house, and a wireless card to my laptop, but I have some questions.

I have three places that I log into with my laptop. Each has a router providing a consistent gateway of 198.168,1,1.

At home and an office I work part time at, that is just what I have set up to share the DSL signal. At school, I had to put a router in place because when I plugged up my laptop to the school network, I had to restart every day, and then again when I got home.

So, the questions are:

1) Will the Apple Airport Base work like my other routers wtih my PC laptop, that I can set up to provide a 192.168.1.1 gateway?

2) What card should I get for my PC laptop to be compatible with the Apple Airport?

3) What wireless base can I get for the home that will be compatible with the card I get for the PC and be compatible with the Airport Extreme Card that the Apple Powerbook will have?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any feedback!

Drew

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.