A big thanks.

V

vonedaddy

I would just like to say that I am a new MAC user and this place has been a pillar of support for me. I have been using PCs my whole life and finally got tired of blue screens, locked PC's and error codes. I went out and I bought an ibook g4. It took me a while to get confortable, BUT, thanks to macforums and all you great people I got perfect answers to all my question. Some questions I posted and others I have searched. I just wanted to express an appreciation for your site. I have run web sites similar to this in the past and I know it is a selfless act.

Great job, I would recommend macforums to any and every switcher I talk to.

Thanks,
Vone

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
That's great to hear vonedaddy. This community honestly sets itself apart from the rest in many ways, and that is why I keep coming back for more myself. There are not many forums, I can think of, where you can feel comfortable the day you become a member as you do with Mac-forums. Mac-forums goes for the personal touch, and I think that it's worked great thus far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Glad to hear it. This is what I believe this site is all about

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Awesome! Great to hear, thanks for the compliment! :)

OP
B

badmojo

Vone,

I feel ya brother. I, too, am a recent swittcher and, until yesterday, had my Win XP PC hooked up like an umbilical cord, easing the transition period. Well..the transition is now permanent because the other is disconnected, although I feel bad because I built her myself. My wife even remarked, "aren't you sad to give it up?"
My response? "The computer, yes. Windows, no."

I have a new (rev B) iMac G5 and aside from Microsoft making it very difficult to export an address book from Outlook to Entourage, it's been a terrific experience. Leave MS to screw it up even for their own software transitions.

That said, I'm becomming a 'macolyte', espousing the greatness that is mac. It's not a cult, it's not for designers-only. It's a terrific platform that executes what you want it to do without the side effects that Windows poses. I used to log onto my PC and run a bunch of utilities, daily, in order to keep me 'safe' in my work environment. Now I spend that time enjoying the mac, and being more productive. Isn't that what personal computing is all about?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
we're glad when users benefit from the site, everyone here works hard to make the forum what it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
welcome aboard :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
welcome. and np.

my unbiased opinion: moderators rule..

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
iWhat said:

lol is it possible for me to suck up to myself?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
Yes, Except its not called sucking up its called something else I'll have to think about it when I'm not listening to David Bowie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
This site is to help the people of the mac commnunity, new and old, We are all glad to hear that you like this site and that it helped you in making your switch from the pc. Congrats on that btw.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Graphite said:
lol is it possible for me to suck up to myself?

I've heard yoga does wonders.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.