• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Anyone ever notice that at the Apple store, the upgrade the RAM of every computer on display. Most of the computers I checked out had at least 1 GB of RAM, and one of the PowerMacs even had 2 gigs. It seems that they're trying to make you think that the computers are faster than the come standard. I really think that they should either make more RAM standard, or only put stock machines in the store.

It makes me wonder what other upgrades Apple adds to their display computers...

Reaction score
WasabiTaylor said:
It makes me wonder what other upgrades Apple adds to their display computers...

I have noticed that, I don't see it as a problem. I wouldn't want to test a computer with 256MB ram when I know I'll be using more.

There aren't many other upgrades that they could do that you would make a difference.

Z

zap2

really most people should get at least 512 i like at least 1gb, it makes people want more RAM, which is good for apple ad for the people( they get a faster computer) it's all good

S

swanny338

At the apple store in the galleria in Houston, they have three Powermacs on display, a Dual 2 w/1GB of RAM, dual 2.3 w/2GB of RAM, and a dual 2.7 w/4GB of ram, they have three or more mac minis, imacs, powerbooks and ibooks with the same idea in amount of power

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
The Apple Store at Roosevelt Field Mall, in New York, has computers with the standard amount of RAM. I was surprised by this, but seeing how fast they ran, I know when I pop 2 GB into my Dualie, it's gonna SMOKE!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
My local Best Buy had a mini with 256 MB ram, and it was running Jaguar! not even Panther. Then, I came back a cpl. weeks later, and they had two minis, both with 512mb, both with Tiger. (this was right around the Tiger release). I still can't believe they had Jaguar on them though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.