VPC 7 Networking Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
The Microsoft webpage discusses networking with Mac OS X and Windows, where you can share your network instead of creating / configuring a separate network connection within the VPC.

My question is this. If I install VPC and install/setup my VPN client which is only for Windows, can I share that with Mac? or would that be available in only the VPC?

Thanks,
Ray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
RGertner said:
The Microsoft webpage discusses networking with Mac OS X and Windows, where you can share your network instead of creating / configuring a separate network connection within the VPC.

My question is this. If I install VPC and install/setup my VPN client which is only for Windows, can I share that with Mac? or would that be available in only the VPC?

Thanks,
Ray

The VPC environment runs within the OSX environment, and it will find the networking you have on OSX. If you open Internet Explorer within VPC, it will find your network automatically, and run as if it were on a PC.

From my experience, it does not work the other way; what you're doing in VPC runs as a separate application and infrastructure from the OSX environment, which means a VPN connection within VPC will be restricted to VPC and unavailable to OSX.

Of course, you could try it and let us know. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.