::Update, plus a few tips for first timers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2Gb 20" old school one, looking to invest in a new one.
Right, i have come to a deal with my parents and such and will be the owner of a refurbished MacBook Pro 13" during April. but have to get rid of my Xbox (sad face)
Question One;
Can i use a still purchase mighty mouse's? (sp? grammar mistake?)
Two;
Can i use it with the MacBook?
Tips;
Buy Refurbished, same great quality, same warranty just a different box.

If not check if you qualify for student discount.

Make sure your choosing the right Mac/MacBook for you.

If buying Refurb make sure your buying from an apple certified seller.

You can NOT use student discount on a refurbished Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Very much agreed. Unfortunately, you're limited on the refurbs to what they have in stock, hence my purchasing of a new one.

I know you can use the magic mouse with MBP, but I don't believe the mighty mouse is still available. Don't know if one will work.

Reaction score
OP - you did a smart move if this was your first Mac and/or you are limited on dough... I do agree that refurbished mac go through a more rigid QC compared to new ones;

To answer your question you can use any mouse (bluetooth or USB) with the mac so I would recommend saving that extra money for the magic mouse and use it for some extra apps if and when needed... just my 2 cents;

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I know you can use the magic mouse with MBP, but I don't believe the mighty mouse is still available. Don't know if one will work.

The Mighty Mouse still exists. I know my local reseller has them. But they now are just called "Apple Mouse". The word mighty got removed thanks to that lawsuit a while back. And it will work with any MBP.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2Gb 20" old school one, looking to invest in a new one.
Cheers guys, yeah it's my first mac that im buying as an individual and it looks as if they're brilliant. Turns out they're the same price, silly me. but im am so excited about it, now to save up my pennies.
some last questions -
Can i buy a mac from US apple store as it costs £775 new from there when it's £999 on the UK one. If so i could get a refurbish MacBook Pro from US for £665.

- What sort of case should i get, a mac specific one or any 13 inch notebooks.

-Also can i put vinyl on the case and what happens, does it leave residue?
-Cheers.

Reaction score
Hi there,

Sorry to tell you that you cannot order on the Apple US store from outside of the US.
The reason(s) I would think for this are:
1. To combat credit/debit card fraud - Most, if not all purchases have to go to the card holder's registered address and as (as far as I know) Apple US cannot verify UK addresses, I think the order would be declined.
2. Shipping - The shipping prices on Apple US' website are for shipping to the US; International shipping would be very expensive, cutting deeply into any potential savings you might have made.
3. Here's the cruncher VAT/Import duty - You wouldn't have this on the Apple US site, as they don't charge VAT, because it's only applicable to EU states.
However, once your consignment arrives into the UK, the courier company will likely not deliver your item until you have made a further payment to them, to cover the import duties they would have to forward on to HMRC (Customs).

Hope this info helps. :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5, MacBook, iPhone 4, iPad
Yeah and if your dead set on a mighty mouse, then search eBay there are PLENTY on there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Yeah and if your dead set on a mighty mouse, then search eBay there are PLENTY on there.

No need.
Apple Mouse - Apple Store (U.S.)
Apple Mouse (the same thing as the Mighty Mouse just renamed) for $50US. And you can get it on the Apple UK and other Apple stores around the world.

The Apple Mouse only comes in wired.
The Magic Mouse only comes in wireless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
R
Can i use a still purchase mighty mouse's? (sp? grammar mistake?)

Make sure your choosing the right Mac/MacBook for you.

If buying Refurb make sure your buying from an apple certified seller.

Since you asked, it's either mouses or mice, but definitely not mouse's as it's not possessive or a contraction. Speaking of furry rodents, it would be mice. I'm not sure if "mouses" has entered the lexicon for computing. A Wikipedia article says this:
a mouse (plural mice, mouses, or mouse devices.)

No extra charge:
It's you're not your in both cases above, since you were saying "you are" and needed the contraction.

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.