Problems with Quark

Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone work with Quark on their Macs? I recently installed Quark 6.0 into my Mac, which is running Snow Leopard 10.6.2. Problem is that the version of Quark is too old for my Mac so I can't import text documents because my Mac is using the newer .docx format and not the old .doc format. I've been told to upgrade my Quark to 8.1.6. and that that will solve the problem.

Just want to ask if anyone has done this and whether it really does solve the problem.

And if Quark doesn't work on the Mac, what's a good desktop publishing program to get? I need to design a church newsletter. Nothing too fancy, just basic graphic/text design

Thanks very much, guys:):):)

Reaction score
Hi there,

If all you need is basic page layout, then I'd suggest that Quark, InDesign or any of the "high end" packages would be overkill for you.
Have you tried downloading a copy of the iwork '09 trial, from Apple's website?
Pages, is the included word processing/DTP application included included in the iwork '09 suite and I think it would fit your needs.

Here's the link :)
Hope this info helps. :Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.